About Me

My photo
Bartlett, Tennessee, United States
I think one familiar short, yet most powerful statement a believer can say is "I’m “Walking by Faith”. At my age, I have been through countless storms, some small and some big. Nonetheless , my faith continues to carry me through. This is my life’s testimony. The world wants you to believe that there is something wrong with a life like mine because I've gone through and I’m still going through. They want you to believe that if you have what the Jones’s have then you are living a fulfilled life. Pretty funny, huh? Well, I walk by faith, and I know I’m God’s best. That should be fulfilling enough, and God is still completing me as I happily tell my story about how more complete my life is. As you walk by faith, you will be strengthened. You need to understand that challenges are merely new opportunities for you to reach your greatness. Finally, know that your life will truly be blessed when everything that you touch will provide you with a blessed life and no good thing will He withhold from those who walk uprightly. "Whatever I go through, whatever happens, "Either Way I Win"; whether God heals me here on earth, or heals me by calling me home to be with Him, "Either Way I Win"!

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

What Faith is Not

Faith is not trying to make God do something for you. If you are trying to make God do something for you, that means you believe He has not done it. Faith begins where the will of God is known. If you don’t know God’s will in a situation then you cannot believe that God will help you. The Word of God tells us that all the promises of God belong to us through Christ. It also tells us that all things that pertain unto life and godliness have been given unto us. When did this take place? When Jesus was hanging on the cross He spoke these powerful words: IT IS FINISHED. What was finished? The plan of redemption for the human race was carried out through the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ. Everything that Adam lost in the Garden of Eden was given back to us through Jesus! You can only believe for what God has already provided. Faith looks back at the cross and realizes all the promises have belonged to us since that time and lays claim to them in faith. Faith is not trying to get God to do something for you because God has already, through Christ, provided all things for you. Many people say that God is going to heal me “one day”, or meet my financial need “one day”, but God is not going to do it “one day”. God has already met your needs through Christ about two thousand years ago. They will never be a reality in your life unless you reach out in faith and accept them as fact.

2 comments:

Toya said...

Amen!! Great message JC

jamescruse said...

Thanks Toya, for your support. JC