About Me

My photo
Bartlett, Tennessee, United States
I think one familiar short, yet most powerful statement a believer can say is "I’m “Walking by Faith”. At my age, I have been through countless storms, some small and some big. Nonetheless , my faith continues to carry me through. This is my life’s testimony. The world wants you to believe that there is something wrong with a life like mine because I've gone through and I’m still going through. They want you to believe that if you have what the Jones’s have then you are living a fulfilled life. Pretty funny, huh? Well, I walk by faith, and I know I’m God’s best. That should be fulfilling enough, and God is still completing me as I happily tell my story about how more complete my life is. As you walk by faith, you will be strengthened. You need to understand that challenges are merely new opportunities for you to reach your greatness. Finally, know that your life will truly be blessed when everything that you touch will provide you with a blessed life and no good thing will He withhold from those who walk uprightly. "Whatever I go through, whatever happens, "Either Way I Win"; whether God heals me here on earth, or heals me by calling me home to be with Him, "Either Way I Win"!

Friday, October 21, 2011

God Problems

"A man came up to Jesus, falling on his knees before Him and saying, 'Lord, have mercy on my son, for he is a lunatic and is very ill; ... I brought him to Your disciples, and they could not cure him. ' And Jesus answered and said ... 'Bring him here to Me" (Matthew 17:14-17).
In life there are problems that I call "God problems." These are not problems with God, but problems only God can handle. God problems are those that cannot be fixed with your checkbook, education or influence. These problems are outside of the control of human beings and lie squarely within God's sovereign jurisdiction. They stop us in our tracks and cause us to soberly assess our associations and situation in life. They bring us face to face with our insufficiency and our need for God's sufficiency. When we face a God problem we discover what is really important in life. These problems are not designed to stop us from making progress in life, but to reveal our dependency on God. They are opportunities for us to seek and grow closer to Him. God wants to reveal something to you. He wants you to spend some time with Him, growing in your knowledge and relationship with Him, and your problem may be the vehicle He is using to do it.
Throughout the gospels people sought Jesus to do what no one else could do. In Matthew 17:14-1 7, a father had a problem that no one else had an answer for. His son was demon-possessed and no one was able to help him, including the disciples. Finally, he encountered the One who had held the key to his son's deliverance - Jesus. Jesus, looking at this seemingly impossible and long term situation, told the father to, "Bring him to Me". Jesus did in a moment what his father had been trying to do for years. Likewise, the disciples faced a seemingly impossible task of feeding a multitude with a boy's lunch. The boy only had two fish and five loaves of bread, but there were over 5000 people to feed. After taking inventory of the situation, Jesus told the disciples to, "Bring them here to me." As the fish and loaves passed through the hands of Jesus, their insufficiency was transformed into sufficiency.
You may be presently dealing with something that is outside of your control. You've done everything within your power to change the situation and have almost given up hope because nothing has changed. Before you give up, make sure that you've truly brought your problem to God and not trusted people for your solution. Like the boy's father who brought his son to the disciples - they couldn't help him. He needed God alone! Too often, God is the last stop in our search for help. You don't have to lose everything before you seek Him. God is not intimidated by what you are dealing with. Stop trying to fix it on your own. If you could fix it, it would be fixed by now. This is a "God Problem", or a "problem for God". Don't mistake your trusting people with trusting God. When God showed up, deliverance quickly followed.
The devil will do everything he can to keep you from spending time with God and discovering His sufficiency. He will put people in your way and keep you so busy and tired, that instead of things getting better, they get worse. I want to challenge you. Set aside some time in the morning, evening, (or if things are so hectic) on your lunch break or when you are lying in bed and get into God's presence undistracted. Take a deep breadth and focus on God's promises. In Matthew 11:28-30, Jesus promised, "Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, .... 'For My yoke is easy and My burden is light'." God's offer still stands! Whatever it is- "bring it to Me!"

1 comment:

Avalon's Garden and Mewsings of Garden Cottage Cats said...

Thank You for stopping by and visiting me and for "Joining" in my Journey :)

Congratulations on you blog, it is very Uplifting ~
Have a Beautiful Day ~
Angel