About Me

My photo
Bartlett, Tennessee, United States
I think one familiar short, yet most powerful statement a believer can say is "I’m “Walking by Faith”. At my age, I have been through countless storms, some small and some big. Nonetheless , my faith continues to carry me through. This is my life’s testimony. The world wants you to believe that there is something wrong with a life like mine because I've gone through and I’m still going through. They want you to believe that if you have what the Jones’s have then you are living a fulfilled life. Pretty funny, huh? Well, I walk by faith, and I know I’m God’s best. That should be fulfilling enough, and God is still completing me as I happily tell my story about how more complete my life is. As you walk by faith, you will be strengthened. You need to understand that challenges are merely new opportunities for you to reach your greatness. Finally, know that your life will truly be blessed when everything that you touch will provide you with a blessed life and no good thing will He withhold from those who walk uprightly. "Whatever I go through, whatever happens, "Either Way I Win"; whether God heals me here on earth, or heals me by calling me home to be with Him, "Either Way I Win"!

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Are you Praying?

"Be cheerful no matter what; pray all the time; thank God no matter what happens. This is the way God wants you who belong to Christ Jesus to live.” (1 Thessalonians 5:17 MSG) Or what you might hear,”Pray without ceasing”. (1 Thessalonians 5:17 KJV)
Prayer should not be a one way conversation where you do all the talking or a ritual where we have to say things in the right order, or a chore like brushing our teeth before bed.
Jesus directs you to understand how to pray like this."Find a quiet, secluded place so you won't be tempted to role-play before God. Just be there as simply and honestly as you can manage. The focus will shift from you to God, and you will begin to sense his grace" (Math 6:6 MSG).or When you pray, go into a room alone and close the door. Pray to your Father in private. He knows what is done in private, and he will reward you. “When you pray, don't talk on and on as people do who don't know God. They think God likes to hear long prayers. Don't be like them. Your Father knows what you need before you ask.” (Math 6. 6-8 CEV)
Many people don’t pray for what seams to have little to do with the realities of life. They think of it like ladies and gentlemen please stand for the Pledge of Allegiance or the National Anthem at a game: done in order for an opening, done for the people but nothing to do with what happens on the field afterwards. Some people treat prayer like a lucky charm you pull it out and rub when things are tough: How about personal sayings, "A prayer a day keeps the devil away." Paul writes, "Pray without ceasing." That doesn't sound like something you do once in a while, or just during a crisis.
Try inserting the word breathe for the word pray: "breathe without ceasing" - doesn't that sound better for you? We don't breathe only when we feel like it. Or decide, "I'm not into breathing today," and stop breathing. Or get upset and say, "I’m not getting any where with this. I'm not doing it any more." No, we cling to the breath in our bodies because its life. So, just as breathing is a natural part of your life, prayer is an indispensable part of spiritual life. Without it you die spiritually. So, how's your prayer life?

10 comments:

SMTolbert said...

Wow JC, you made that one hit home! Replacing "breathe" with "pray" in that verse makes you realize the importance of your prayer life and how we sometimes don't value the importance of praying to our Father on a regular basis. Our communication/prayer with God should be an acquired behavior that is practiced so long it seems innate (second nature). Every once in a while someone says something to me that changes my perspective and helps me realize my purpose even the more. Your blog just did. Thank you!

JC said...

Bless you Sheila, just think, when you stop breathing, your mind says hey, whats wrong wait, you need help. That's the way the Holy Spirit is, when we need help and are unconcience He steps in and acts for us, saying Lord he/she needs you now, I love the way God has an answer for everything. Love ya. JC

SMTolbert said...

Powerful response James. . . God is an awesome God, and truly A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!! You are speaking to my soul today and I praise God for placing you in my path. He doesn't make mistakes, and for you I am truly grateful. As the songwriter wrote, "I need you, you need me. We're all a part of God's body. Stand with me, agree with me. We're all a part of God's body. It is His will, that every need be supplied. You are important to me, I need you to survive." My prayer is that He strenthens and blesses you to speak to souls all over the world. Love you dearly. ST

Toyin O. said...

Amen, so true, if you are not praying, you probably don't have a relationship with Christ.

JC said...

Amen, Toyin. Thanks for dropping by, I have subscribed to your blog, as it is spirit filled, please accept my invitation, this blog is still underconstruction, as I just started it a few weeks ago. I hope to have it fully blown in november sometime, I have a facebook page and in the works of three books, so my time is well spent. Again thanks. Be blessed. JC

JC said...

Hey Sheila, Bless God and bless you. The song yes is appropriate, You are the evangelist, love you and your spirit. I keep you and Andrea lifted every day. Keep me lifted as well, and watch God do great things. as He already has done. JC

TishR said...

Thank you for reminding me to breathe(PRAY)WITHOUT CEASING! As a child you develop a one way conversation with God, because at that time the mind is not mature enough to comprehend! But as an adult I have developed a prayer life, because without prayer, there is not telling where I would be! Im also aware if there is no prayer, there is no power! I agree with Ms Tolbert,I thank you for making me aware how important prayer is and opening my understanding even more. I have this as my daily guide for prayer... Hebrews 4:16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need. Continue teaching us and lifting us in prayer as I lift you daily! Be Blessed!

SMTolbert said...

Thanks for your prayers. Keeping you lifted in prayer is like breathing these days (smile). I already see the results. This site is fantastic and a great resource. Congratulations on the new site and your books!!! God is good. He has been preparing you for your season. Continue to give Him the praise.

JC said...

Tish, bless you and I just would like to piggy back one of your favorite scriptures, from the message translation, Hebrews 4:16. 16 "Now that we know what we have—Jesus, this great High Priest with ready access to God—let's not let it slip through our fingers. We don't have a priest who is out of touch with our reality. He's been through weakness and testing, experienced it all—all but the sin. So let's walk right up to him and get what he is so ready to give. Take the mercy, accept the help", as always be blessed and stay encouraged. JC

JC said...

Sheila, Mathew 8:1 where it is written, lets us know this. "Jesus came down the mountain with the cheers of the crowd still ringing in his ears. Then a leper appeared and went to his knees before Jesus, praying, "Master, if you want to, you can heal my body." I thank God daily, every chance for the people He has put in my path to support and help me, It is not I who had done anything nor the people but God, But God will let those with an anointing be heard and I say, Evangelist, I hear and God has heard from you. Thanks and be blessed. JC