About Me

My photo
Bartlett, Tennessee, United States
I think one familiar short, yet most powerful statement a believer can say is "I’m “Walking by Faith”. At my age, I have been through countless storms, some small and some big. Nonetheless , my faith continues to carry me through. This is my life’s testimony. The world wants you to believe that there is something wrong with a life like mine because I've gone through and I’m still going through. They want you to believe that if you have what the Jones’s have then you are living a fulfilled life. Pretty funny, huh? Well, I walk by faith, and I know I’m God’s best. That should be fulfilling enough, and God is still completing me as I happily tell my story about how more complete my life is. As you walk by faith, you will be strengthened. You need to understand that challenges are merely new opportunities for you to reach your greatness. Finally, know that your life will truly be blessed when everything that you touch will provide you with a blessed life and no good thing will He withhold from those who walk uprightly. "Whatever I go through, whatever happens, "Either Way I Win"; whether God heals me here on earth, or heals me by calling me home to be with Him, "Either Way I Win"!

Friday, October 28, 2011

Protection

"Now get yourselves ready. I'm sending my Angel ahead of you to guard you in your travels, to lead you to the place that I've prepared. Pay close attention to him. Obey him. Don't go against him. He won't put up with your rebellions because he's acting on my authority. But if you obey him and do everything I tell you, I'll be an enemy to your enemies, I'll fight those who fight you. When my Angel goes ahead of you and leads you to the land of the Amorites, the Hittites, the Perizzites, the Canaanites, the Hivites, and the Jebusites, I'll clear the country of them. So don't worship or serve their gods; don't do anything they do because I'm going to wipe them right off the face of the Earth and smash their sacred phallic pillars to bits. (Exodus 23:20-24) (MSG)
Now this is protection with a promise for His people. God said He would do it through the ministry of angels. Children of Israel went into the Promised Land as recorded in the Book of Joshua, they went up against the very people they had to drive out, and it was Jericho. The city of Jericho was surrounded by a wall so wide that six chariots could race side by side on top.
God told Joshua, "I want you to march around that wall once every day for seven days. On the seventh day I want you to march around it seven times and then blow the trumpet, and the walls will fall down." (Joshua 6:3-5)
But how did the walls fall down flat? When the people obeyed God and did what He said to do, He knocked the walls down. The angel that took them into the land to drive out the Amorites, Hittites, and the other "-ites" who were there. That land didn't belong to those "-ites", and God sent an angel to fight the battle for the children of Israel.
Scriptures tells us that those who were under the Old Covenant do not have a better covenant that we do under the New Covenant. Whatever they had in the Old Covenant, we have it in the New Covenant and more (Hebrews 8:6). Angels that fought those battles for God's people in the Old Covenant and knocked down walls will fight battles and knock down walls in our covenant, too.
God said, "I'll send that angel to go in front of you. I'll send that angel to be with you. And I'll send that angel to take you into the place that's prepared for you, and he will fight for you."
Angels were involved in helping the children of Israel get back what the devil had stolen, and they will do the same for us today.

No comments: