About Me

My photo
Bartlett, Tennessee, United States
I think one familiar short, yet most powerful statement a believer can say is "I’m “Walking by Faith”. At my age, I have been through countless storms, some small and some big. Nonetheless , my faith continues to carry me through. This is my life’s testimony. The world wants you to believe that there is something wrong with a life like mine because I've gone through and I’m still going through. They want you to believe that if you have what the Jones’s have then you are living a fulfilled life. Pretty funny, huh? Well, I walk by faith, and I know I’m God’s best. That should be fulfilling enough, and God is still completing me as I happily tell my story about how more complete my life is. As you walk by faith, you will be strengthened. You need to understand that challenges are merely new opportunities for you to reach your greatness. Finally, know that your life will truly be blessed when everything that you touch will provide you with a blessed life and no good thing will He withhold from those who walk uprightly. "Whatever I go through, whatever happens, "Either Way I Win"; whether God heals me here on earth, or heals me by calling me home to be with Him, "Either Way I Win"!

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Make me Cry

Sitting in my office at home, Listening to Aretha Franklins rendition of “ Bitter Sweet Love”
I think about beauty and God comes to mind,
The Power Of God and the Beauty Of Holiness

Who among the gods is like you, O Lord? Who is like you -- majestic in holiness, awesome in glory, working wonders? Exodus 15:11 (NIV)
One late summer's day, it took me awhile to get home because traffic was stalled along the way, on account of an air show. The "Blue Angels" were swooping around in the sky. Traffic line-ups were everywhere, of course! All eyes were looking up.
In the midst of a oohs and awes, there was a thrilling performance by the Blue Angels. I could imagine the co-ordination of the pilots at the controls of those F-16 aircraft.
As I was looking up at what man is capable of, into my car flew a beautiful tangerine-and-black butterfly. It flew around a bit, and at one point gently touched my cheek! Then away it went into the air.
This delicate, beautiful, little creature -- one of God's amazing little aircraft -- is capable of flying thousands of miles up in the sky. Requiring no fuel, butterflies are noiseless except for a tiny whisper of a wing in flight.
I looked up in wonder at the Blue Angels, and gazed in awe at the butterfly in all its beautiful complexity and simplicity.
These thoughts brought the title into view: the power of God and the beauty of holiness!
Sitting in this traffic jam could have brought frustration; rather, I was caught up in amazing acrobatics, of the aircraft and thought on the wonder of the butterfly, so gentle, so fragile, like a whisper, and, in contrast, the roaring power of those jet engines above.
So it is with God, when He reaches down to me. He beholds the beauty, the gentle touch and the power He uses in our lives. He comes in different ways, massages our minds when we need comfort, heals our heart when we endure pain, and soothes our soul with His many promises, and gives us the power to achieve victory. Jesus makes me cry. Amen.

2 comments:

CandyJ said...

Amen! I can relate to this oh so much. It is often the little things that God shows me that reflects His beauty. A butterfly, a flower, a tree bending beneath His winds... are all just a very few and tiny portion of His beauty and His power, yet there is so much you can learn just by watching and listening to what He has to say. Be blessed :)

JC said...

Amen Candy, we have to learn, when we stop it is a sign we are focusing on self too much and God desires of all our attention on Him, that relationship will make us better. Love your spirit. You be blessed as well. JC