About Me

My photo
Bartlett, Tennessee, United States
I think one familiar short, yet most powerful statement a believer can say is "I’m “Walking by Faith”. At my age, I have been through countless storms, some small and some big. Nonetheless , my faith continues to carry me through. This is my life’s testimony. The world wants you to believe that there is something wrong with a life like mine because I've gone through and I’m still going through. They want you to believe that if you have what the Jones’s have then you are living a fulfilled life. Pretty funny, huh? Well, I walk by faith, and I know I’m God’s best. That should be fulfilling enough, and God is still completing me as I happily tell my story about how more complete my life is. As you walk by faith, you will be strengthened. You need to understand that challenges are merely new opportunities for you to reach your greatness. Finally, know that your life will truly be blessed when everything that you touch will provide you with a blessed life and no good thing will He withhold from those who walk uprightly. "Whatever I go through, whatever happens, "Either Way I Win"; whether God heals me here on earth, or heals me by calling me home to be with Him, "Either Way I Win"!

Friday, October 14, 2011

How do you handle bad news?

How do we handle bad news? The Bible has a number of things that can help us with bad news. You know this Christian walk is not going to be without challenges. When we get bad news, See or discern if it is actually bad news. “Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.” (1 Thess 5:21) Verify bad news, some news is not news at all; we could make things worse for ourselves as did Jacob. Is it this news something that we can do anything about? Says that we are not to be “slothful in business, fervent in spirit serving the Lord.” (Rom. 12:11) “And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men ;”( Col 3:23) “Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.” (Jam 4:17) Think about this when we do nothing it will only make things worse. What can we do when we checked it out and need something; first, we must turn to God in prayer. God wants us to pray to Him in difficult times as well as good times. “And he spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always to pray, and not to faint.” (Luke 18:1) God does not want us to faint, but take courage in Him to do the right thing. We must be humble enough to turn to the Lord with problems that are out of our hands. “Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time: Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.” (1 Peter 5:6-7) Now we in order to deal with bad news we've got to stop the cycle of negative thinking. This means that we must focus on the good, instead of bad. “Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things ,just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.” (Phil 4:8) When we think of the goodness of Jesus, we can Count our blessings, it goes a long way toward dealing with bad news. We need to Talk about it, after talking to God, which is therapeutic and will help to alleviate anxiety that we build within ourselves. Testify on what God is going to do, His yoke is easy and burdens are light. Talking to a friend or love one will help the process of dealing with it than all by yourself. This will also bring you into deeper a relationship with our Christian friends and family. “Rejoice with them that do rejoice, and weep with them that weep.” (Rom 12:15) “That there should be no schism in the body; but that the members should have the same care one for another. And whether one member suffer, all the members suffer with it; or one member be honoured, all the members rejoice with it.” (1 Cor 12:25-26) After we have counseled it will help us accept it. Sometimes it takes a long time for us to do this depending on how bad the news is, but know God will comfort us throughout it all. “And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.” Regardless how bad a situation may seem to us, God is able to use it for good. (Rom 8:28) Now it should be time to shout. Knowing God will be there with us and we know victory is His promise. “Rejoice in the Lord alway: and again I say, Rejoice.” (Phil 4:4) We don't rejoice without reason, that would be insanity. We rejoice knowing that God is in control of all things good and bad. We rejoice knowing the blessings we have as Christians. We rejoice in the future and hope of all who are children of God. “Rejoice evermore.” (1 Thess 5:17)

2 comments:

Toya Harlston-Williams said...

YES GOD IS ALWAYS IN CONTROL EVEN WHEN WE DON'T KNOW IT.
THANK YOU J. CONTINUED BLESSINGS ON YOUR LIFE.

JC said...

I pray that God will bless you
As much as you’ve blessed me,
I thank Him for your gifts
Shared from your heart.
I pray that God would touch you
In a very special way
And fill you more with His love
Each and every day