About Me

My photo
Bartlett, Tennessee, United States
I think one familiar short, yet most powerful statement a believer can say is "I’m “Walking by Faith”. At my age, I have been through countless storms, some small and some big. Nonetheless , my faith continues to carry me through. This is my life’s testimony. The world wants you to believe that there is something wrong with a life like mine because I've gone through and I’m still going through. They want you to believe that if you have what the Jones’s have then you are living a fulfilled life. Pretty funny, huh? Well, I walk by faith, and I know I’m God’s best. That should be fulfilling enough, and God is still completing me as I happily tell my story about how more complete my life is. As you walk by faith, you will be strengthened. You need to understand that challenges are merely new opportunities for you to reach your greatness. Finally, know that your life will truly be blessed when everything that you touch will provide you with a blessed life and no good thing will He withhold from those who walk uprightly. "Whatever I go through, whatever happens, "Either Way I Win"; whether God heals me here on earth, or heals me by calling me home to be with Him, "Either Way I Win"!

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Pray Expecting God to Deliver

"Ask...in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours." Mark 11:24 NIV
A local church called a prayer meeting and everybody showed up. They prayed for a young man to be healed, they had come to see God answer!
The year was 2006. I went to Nashville to receive a new liver, by transplantation. Prior to the notification of a donor something happened, here’s my testimony.
I was in agonizing pain from a period of pancreatic attacks, and then suffered what’s known as a mini stroke, and afflicted by Bells Palsy on the left side of my face. A week had gone by spending four of those days in the Veterans Administration Hospital to recover; then sent home for convalescence. You see that week had gone by and as I lay immobile at times, loved ones, family, and friends were in prayer, I was in prayer. While my mind was on the current situation a stroke and Palsy, pain, God allowed me to rest, all I remember was the phone ringing and it was about seven a.m. the next morning. Mr. Cruse, James C Cruse, a lady stated, this is Debbie from the Vanderbilt Hospital emergency contact department. Her statement was “we need you to get to the hospital and get prepped for your transplant, there is a possible match, and how soon can you get here?” After I got up off the floor from collapsing and praising and thanking God I said hello are you still there realizing what she had just said, I responded with, I’m leaving now.
Ok God knew when it was enough suffering and I kept thinking about my failing health, He took my mind off what was primary, rerouted my thoughts and exposed me to more tests, before I could say now God what else? There He goes and sends me a blessing. God knows your limitations and when enough is enough He will turn that situation around, will take your mind off what’s behind you and show you what is before you. Then you know even more of how awesome He is. By waiting on Him, and accepting His will, He made it happen. Glory be to God. Prayer works. And one of the dangers of praying, is praying, and yet not really expecting anything: "Without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that...he rewards those who earnestly seek him" (Heb11:6 NIV). You say, "So how do I get more faith?" By filling your mind with the Scriptures! "Faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God" (Ro 10:17). When you immerse yourself in God's Word an amazing thing happens; faith takes root and begins to grow. And faith is what makes your praying effective.
But what if your prayer lines up with God's Word, yet the answer is delayed?
Keep praying and believing! "Do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded. You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised" (Heb 10:35-36 NIV).
So when you pray if nothing happens keep praying!" the more you pray the more your Faith builds up. I believe. Not just what He has done for me but what He can do for you. I’m praying for your health and strength in the Lord.

4 comments:

SMTolbert said...

Very powerful testimony JC! You are definitely a product of the anointing of Jesus Christ. Continue to walk by faith and stand on His promises. His favor is not for a season, but for a lifetime. Believe He will restore health to you and heal your wounds. Sharing your testimony gives hope to a lost and confused world. Your are truly a blessing and a joy.

JC said...

Bless you Sheila, as well you have a great miracle to thank God for and I pray God's favor on you. thanks for the friendship. JC

Unknown said...

J, you are truly one of GOD mircles. You have been such a blessing to so many that know you personally and to complete strangers. I thank GOD for you. I pray for continueous healing for you always.

JC said...

Thank you and bless you, It is the ministry of helps that people need and I thank God for the blessing to encourage. May God show great favor to you. JC