About Me

My photo
Bartlett, Tennessee, United States
I think one familiar short, yet most powerful statement a believer can say is "I’m “Walking by Faith”. At my age, I have been through countless storms, some small and some big. Nonetheless , my faith continues to carry me through. This is my life’s testimony. The world wants you to believe that there is something wrong with a life like mine because I've gone through and I’m still going through. They want you to believe that if you have what the Jones’s have then you are living a fulfilled life. Pretty funny, huh? Well, I walk by faith, and I know I’m God’s best. That should be fulfilling enough, and God is still completing me as I happily tell my story about how more complete my life is. As you walk by faith, you will be strengthened. You need to understand that challenges are merely new opportunities for you to reach your greatness. Finally, know that your life will truly be blessed when everything that you touch will provide you with a blessed life and no good thing will He withhold from those who walk uprightly. "Whatever I go through, whatever happens, "Either Way I Win"; whether God heals me here on earth, or heals me by calling me home to be with Him, "Either Way I Win"!

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

My Patience

I've come to understand that God will always make His way clear. But I've also come to understand that His timing almost always requires more patience than what I've been given. When I gave my life to Jesus, He transformed me and gave me His Spirit to dwell within and produce fruit: "The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience..." (Galatians 5:22-23). I know I have been given a certain measure of patience, but I sure need more!

Over the last 18 years, it seems that I have been in a near continual search for God's direction. I believe I was called into ministry; however, I have never completely understood the extent of this call. I have continued to serve in this ministry, but the degree to which I should do things like travel, write some books, go to school, and commit to church ministry has never been real clear. I am prepared to follow, but clear direction has been lacking...and so I wait. The result has been that my eyes and thoughts are daily focused on Jesus waiting to see if the cloud will move as it did with the Israelites. And through the process I am are learning the importance of patience.

James 5:7-8
"Be patient, then, brothers, until the Lord's coming. See how the farmer waits for the land to yield its valuable crop and how patient he is for the autumn and spring rains. You too, be patient and stand firm, because the Lord's coming is near."

A farmer plants his crop for harvest but has to wait for growth, now waiting for growth is completely out of His control. He has done the work of plowing the ground and planting the seed; now He must wait for God to produce the crop.

No matter what your circumstance is today, if you have been saved by grace through faith in Jesus Christ, you can rest assured that He is at your side directing your steps. Sometimes God's direction comes by way of outward events and changes we can see with our eyes, but often His direction comes in the form of inward changes and growth - such as more trust, more love...and more patience. Our "work" is to take each step He reveals and then wait for God to produce the crop as we love Him with all our heart.

I am deeply grateful and appreciate every ones continued encouragement and prayers. Please continue to pray for the clarity of God's direction and the boldness to follow where He leads. You all are continually in my prayers as I need you all to survive, you all are also a part of my survival. And as He brings me to your mind, please pray for a little more patience.

4 comments:

SMTolbert said...

James you are an encourager and spiritual writer. You know in your heart and mind that God has touched you in a way that you can't shake the feeling, in knowing that He "GOD" has sanctioned you to be a messenger of his word. Your followers (like me) know this to be true because you are so excited that you can't wait to share your writings with everyone that you come into contact with. God has opened doors for you that you never dreamed of being opened to you before. I’ve learned a really good way to discover where you are meant to be is by trial and error. Expect to have a hard time at times. Paul got beaten, shipwrecked, rejected. . . David was nearly killed by Saul and spent years in the wilderness before he took the throne.

What is keeping you from taking your ministry to the next level? Fear of failure, of man, of being rejected, ridiculed? We are all going to fail and stumble at some point but it’s important to get up and keep pushing forward. God is bigger than our fears, bigger than our failures, and able to accomplish in us what He has for our life. If you feel the urge to travel, travel. If you feel the urge to write books, write. If you feel the urge to go to school, get enrolled. If you feel the urge to commit to a church ministry, sign up. He never said it would be easy. He just asks that you have faith and take the first step. He’s ecstatic that we stepped out in faith to do it regardless of whether we considered it a success or failure. If we do what He’s called us to do, it’s always a success in His eyes. You are obedient and have a willing heart. You are a winner! By starting this blogpost, you have already taken your ministry to the next level. Continue to move forward and allow God to accomplish through you the things He put in you to operate so you can be the vessel He’s intended you to be and touch the people He sends your way. You are blessed and highly favored. I admire your faith and persistence on this journey. You said it best, be patient and always persevere!

JC said...

I can always count on an encouraging word from you, you as well are blessed. It is confirmation how you would bring up going to the next level, I am now editing two of those books I always wanted to do, as well as the internet sales and. Volunteering for The Kidney foundation and methodist Liver foundation. I need to keep busy, despite what some may be trying to do. (negative) I will stay encouraged . And I know God will bless you tremendously,you are wonderfully made and a woman of God for sure, not by my judgement but by Gods appointment. Talk soon. Kiss Andrea fro me. Love ya. JC

SMTolbert said...

My heart is overjoyed reading your accomplishments. I know writing your books is a dream come true (Shout! Shout! Shout!), and your intense compassion for the liver and kidney foundations are remarkable! You are a busy man. Don’t worry about the haters. As my Bishop told us recently, you will always have haters. They will hate you when you do well, they will hate you if you do bad, they will hate you no matter what you do and where you go, so you might as well do what makes you happy and wave at them when you pass them by (lol). We are children of the Promise. Those of us who worship Christ in faith will triumph! Stay encouraged and stay focused. Love you for you.

TishR said...

James, I believe this is in divine order that your subject was about patience! I read this post this morning as I do daily and I wasn't able to comment until now. I confess openly that this is the one thing I constantly pray about and that is for the The Lord to give me patience. But at this appointed time, this is not about me, but about you. The hardest thing about waiting is waiting!!! I'm going to give your words of wisdom back to you, As you advised me on soo many occasions , follow the guidance of the Holy Spirit! I have been witnessing the transformation in you and how God is pouring his word into you and you proclaim it with boldness!! Through your daily teachings, you have made others more interested and hungry for the word!! That is a blessing! So my friend, your work has just begun!

Indulge me for a moment plz,this is how I see your transformation....
I believe you are a rose bud,as beautiful as it is, has to be cared for in a special way! Roses need sun and (You need and have the SON of GOD),roses need good soil because it's an important element for growth and to obtain strength,(YOUR SOIL REPRESENTS THE WORD OF GOD WHICH IS NEEDED FOR YOUR SPIRITUAL GROWTH, your power), roses need water(YOUR WATER REPRESENTS YOUR ANOINTING,HOLY SPIRIT). See I believe you're (the rose bud) being pruned and all the dead petals and thorns (whatever you consider a hinderence during this journey) are being pulled off so that you can bloom to your fullest,so God can use you for his glory! What a priviledge!!!

I was listening to Bishop Brandon Porter as he explained to his flock, how many seasons we experience. He said the world say it's four seasons.... He said I beg to differ there are five seasons in the life of the believer and they are WINTER, SPRING, SUMMER, FALL AND DUE SEASON! He asked, when is due season? He said, whenever the Lord mandates DUE SEASON TO COME FORTH! So I said all that to say this,when the cloud disappears,in due seaason,GOD'S WILL BE CLEAR !! I will be praying that God gives you wisdom and understanding and PATIENCE in order to receive clear directions!! The ultimate objective is to proclaim to a dying world that Jesus saves and you are his instrument and God will get the glory!
NOW UNTIL HIM WHO IS ABLE TO KEEP YOU FROM FALLING AND TO PRESENT YOU FAULTLESS BEFORE HIS PRESENCE OF HIS GLORY WITH EXCEEDING JOY. TO THE ONLY WISE GOD OUR SAVIOR, BE GLORY AND MAJESTY,DOMINION AND POWER,BOTH NOW AND EVER. AMEN!

your sister in Christ,
Tish