About Me

My photo
Bartlett, Tennessee, United States
I think one familiar short, yet most powerful statement a believer can say is "I’m “Walking by Faith”. At my age, I have been through countless storms, some small and some big. Nonetheless , my faith continues to carry me through. This is my life’s testimony. The world wants you to believe that there is something wrong with a life like mine because I've gone through and I’m still going through. They want you to believe that if you have what the Jones’s have then you are living a fulfilled life. Pretty funny, huh? Well, I walk by faith, and I know I’m God’s best. That should be fulfilling enough, and God is still completing me as I happily tell my story about how more complete my life is. As you walk by faith, you will be strengthened. You need to understand that challenges are merely new opportunities for you to reach your greatness. Finally, know that your life will truly be blessed when everything that you touch will provide you with a blessed life and no good thing will He withhold from those who walk uprightly. "Whatever I go through, whatever happens, "Either Way I Win"; whether God heals me here on earth, or heals me by calling me home to be with Him, "Either Way I Win"!

Friday, November 4, 2011

Strength

Lord Jesus Christ, King of kings, you have power over life and death. You know even things that are uncertain and obscure, and our very thoughts and feelings are not hidden from you. Cleanse me from my secret faults, and I have done wrong and you saw it. You know how weak I am, both in soul and in body. Give me strength, O Lord, in my frailty and sustain me in my sufferings. Grant me a prudent judgment, dear Lord, and let me always be mindful of your blessings. Let me retain until the end your grace that has protected me till now.

Lord, the world wants to pound us down. We are controlled by clocks,
traffic lights, endless lines, and requested participation in civic events.
Our energies are drained and our nerves become frayed. The trials and demands continue without end, and they often seem urgent, even chaotic.

Will any of it add one single minute more to my life Lord? Help me to separate trial from opportunity, replace demand with sacrifice. Help me to replace urgency with submission to Your will, understanding instead of antagonism. Jesus, slow down my life. Give me the gift of patience.
Help me to understand rather than demand. Relaxation rather than frustration.

Our world is often based on greed and ego, and it results in pain. Can it all be that important? That rush for success can result in physical, emotional and spiritual illness. Help all of us to see what is missing in our lives, Lord.
Your gift of patience is so important. We need to realize that You are the way. That peace we seek can only come from You. You can calm the waters, and tell the wind o be still. You can restore peace and love.

Jesus, help me to simply live in the world. not be controlled by it. Give me the grace to adapt my days to Your plan, Your will. Grant me the wisdom to place control in Your hands. Replace my limitations and impatience with your unlimited power and peace. I know You appreciate my efforts, but sometimes I am at the mercy of society around me. Intentions may get mistakenly misunderstood. I try to guide and direct and those efforts somehow come across as trying to control. Patience and Charity can be very difficult in the midst of frustration. Jesus , give me the wisdom to see that patience is the cure for frustration. Make it a daily part of my life, in my family relationships especially. Grant me the grace to be able to extend it to all, and particularly to those whose views do not correspond with mine. Help me to show patience with myself, in recognition
of my failures and limitations. Jesus, help me to place all in Your hands,
knowing You will do what is best for me, and in Your own time frame.
Help me to wait patiently for my Lord.

No comments: